Why Have Window Film On Your Windows?
Typically when someone says there is a film on their windows, it’s not a positive thing, it means their windows are dirty and need to be cleaned. But that’s not the kind of film I’m talking about…
The kind of film I’m talking about, you will be pleased and amazed at how a room feels transformed when you have it installed on your windows.
In case you’re not familiar with tinted window film, it is a thin laminate film that can be installed in not only cars and boats, but also on the windows of your home, both interior and exterior.
Why you would want window film…
- It can pay for itself over time: It not only deflects the rays of the sun, but it acts as insulation on your windows. By increasing the efficiency of the cooling and heating systems of your home, it will help lower your utility bills.
- It can reduce the glare: It eliminates the need to wear sunglasses in your home by keeping the glare down, while still letting the sunshine in. It will also eliminate the glare on your computer or television screens. We all look forward to a nice sunny day, but when we get one, too often we find ourselves closing the curtains or the blinds to get rid of the glare.
- It will reduce fading of your furniture and floors: Window film will block over 99% of the sun’s harmful rays that damage and fade things in the interior of your home.
- It will protect your skin: Along with protecting the interior of your home, it will block those same harmful UV rays, that can damage your skin and add to the risk of skin cancer.
- It increases your privacy: There are decorative films you can have installed in personal areas of your home such as bathrooms or bedrooms that will allow the light in, but keep your life private.
- It can make your windows safer: It can strengthen a breaking window, by securing shards of glass that could go flying and injure someone.
- It can be used on skylights to block the glare, as long as the skylights are made of glass.
This is not an advertisement for window film, just some information I thought could be helpful to you. I would suggest that you have it installed professionally to make sure it is done just right.
I have been cleaning windows in the Seattle area for 30 years, and quite frankly, I enjoy it! I will be happy to answer all of your questions, and I know the mistakes to avoid. I clean private homes or apartment complexes.
Comments are closed.