Why You Should Consider Using Homemade Window Cleaning Solutions
We all get dirty windows at one time or another, probably more often than we want to…and when they do get dirty, our focus is to get them cleaned. But what is our focus when choosing the type of cleaning solution we use?
- Is it cost effective?
- What are the ingredients?
- Is it healthy?
- Will it do a good job?
- Is it eco-friendly?
Sometimes it’s not so easy to answer these questions to our satisfaction, so choosing the right cleaning solution is often hit and miss. But there is one way to be sure of what you’re getting in your cleaning product…make your own!
Reasons to switch to homemade cleaning solutions…
- One great reason is because the solution you make for your windows is not limited to your windows…it can be used on many other surfaces around your home.
- A word of warning…avoid using a cleaner that contains vinegar on granite, marble, tile or slate. When in doubt always test on a small hidden spot first.
- Your homemade solution will cost you about 1/3 of what you will pay for cleaner at the store. (Many of the ingredients your homemade solution calls for, you already have on hand.)
- With a homemade product, you will be using the spray bottle over and over, whereas with store bought, it’s a one and done…you throw it away when it’s empty and load up our landfills. (be sure to use an empty, clean spray bottle)
- As opposed to purchased products, you know exactly what is in the one you made…no more trying to decipher the different chemicals listed on the back of bottles.
- If one of your recipes isn’t working as you’d like it to, you can adjust the recipe…something you can’t do with a purchased products.
- They are non-toxic, there are no more chemicals that could harm your skin or damage your respiratory system, or even be fatal if over-exposed.
- You can rest assured that there are no fragrances that you might be allergic too, and if you would like to add a pleasant smell, you can add a little lemon for freshness, which is also good for cleaning.
- The ingredients in your homemade cleaners are great at tackling dirt.
I have been cleaning windows in the Seattle area for nearly 30 years, and quite frankly, I enjoy it! I can also help you with your gutters and other outside tasks. I will be happy to answer all of your questions, and I know the mistakes to avoid. I clean private homes or apartment complexes.