Clean Your Windows in the Fall? Why?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy clean windows…and that is pretty close!” – Unknown
“After location, light is the second most quoted reason a buyer chooses a house, so let the sun shine in! Clean all of your windows…” – Barbara Corcoran
You may ask why you should clean your windows in the fall…I would ask why not?
Actually there are several reasons that make a lot of sense as to why you should clean your windows in the fall before the winter storms hit…
Spring isn’t the only time to clean…
- Believe it or not, by cleaning your windows in the fall, you could actually be saving money in the winter. If your windows are dirty, they block out some of the warm rays of the sun…so in order to compensate, you turn up the furnace.
- During the fall months, as the wind picks up, leaves and debris are constantly being blown into the windows, which can actually cause them to degrade, become brittle and easier to crack and break. Windows actually do go bad, but their life can be prolonged if you keep them free from acid rain, hard water stains and oxidation.
- The dark, dreary months of winter leave many people in the doldrums and depressed, often called Seasonal Effective Disorder or Winter Depression…more light coming in from your windows may give you the lift you need.
- Residue from cooking, candles/fireplaces/cigarette smoke and other films build up on your windows, and that’s what you’re breathing in all winter. Keeping your windows clean all year long, especially during the winter months when your home is closed up to protect you from the weather is simply healthier.
- Keeping your windowsill and window tracks clean, will keep them free from bacteria and mold that has a tendancy to grow during the fall/winter season, and when inhaled can give you respiratory problems.
- You’ll want your windows bright and shiny for holiday decorartions, guests and festivities. Getting it done early will allow you to enjoy the holiday season that much more.
- The fall is a popular time to sell a home, so if this is on your agenda…clean windows will improve your curb appeal.
Keeping your windows clean is more than cosmetic, it’s prevention, and should be done on a regular basis. If cleaning windows isn’t “your thing“, Contact me for a FREE Quote.
I have been cleaning windows in the Seattle area for nearly 30 years, and quite frankly, I enjoy it! I will be happy to answer all of your questions, and I know the mistakes to avoid. I clean private homes or apartment complexes.