How to Choose Your Window Washer
Washing windows isn’t most people’s favorite task, they love it when their windows are clean, they just don’t want to be the one doing the cleaning.
So, where does that leave them?
Hiring someone who will do the job for them.
What questions should you ask when hiring a new window washer?
That should be easy, right? Well,not necessarily…There are several things you should think about, before you hire someone who is coming into your home…all window washers are not created equal.
- A good place to start is to check their reputation. It’s easy these days by simply using the internet. Because people do a lot of their shopping and hiring online, they depend on reviews. You can check on a potential cleaner’s website, on Bing, Yelp, Google and many other sources. It’s important to hire someone you trust will do a good job for you, someone who has a good reputation.
- Are they licensed and insured?
- Find out how long they have been in business.
- Find out what their window cleaning process is.
- What services are included, such as cleaning the window tracks and the screens, or are those services additional?
- Although price isn’t the most important criteria, it is important.
- Choosing a window cleaner based on a displayed price alone is a not the best idea, it could be misleading as to what you will or will not get for the displayed price.
- Does someone need to come to your home or can they give you an estimate over the phone if you can provide them with how many windows there, how many stories and the type of windows you have.
- are they solid, do they have panes, etc.
- Ask what kind of preparations you should make before the day of your cleaning.
- How much lead time do they typically need for an appointment?
- Find out how often they recommend having your windows cleaned.
- This is important to know because it’s part of maintaining your windows to extend their life.
- Are there guarantees? This alone can give you great confidence in their work.
- Check out their website, there is a great deal of information you can get there.
- If there are employees, do they do background checks and have safety requirements?
Choosing the right window washer may take a few moments of time, but in the end, you will be glad you did, because you will have someone you can depend on and someone you can build a good professional relationship with.
I have been cleaning windows in the Seattle area for nearly 30 years, and quite frankly, I enjoy it! I will be happy to answer all of your questions. I clean private homes or apartment complexes.