How Do You Know You’re Choosing a Good Window Cleaning Service?
Having a house full of clean windows is something we all enjoy…no dust, no bird droppings, no watermarks…it just makes not only your whole home feel brighter, but your attitude as well.
But what if you’ve hired a professional to clean your windows and they didn’t do the best job…not all professionals are equally professional, they can:
- Leave watermarks on your windowsills
- Leave a musty smell throughout your home, because their cleaning cloths are smelly
- Clean only the windows and not the frames, tracks or the sills
- Track dirt through your home or leave hand prints on your walls
Although there are never guarantees that the professional you choose will do a great job, there are some ways to eliminate most of the bad ones by asking a few key questions…their answers will give you an idea of how important they feel their work is…your goal is to find a service oriented company.
Questions to help select a professional window cleaner:
- Do they give free estimates? (full estimates, not ballpark estimates)
- Ask for references.
- Find out how long they’ve been in business.
- Do they offer a referral program?
- What services can you expect when they come to clean your windows, does it include cleaning frames, tracks and window sills?
- Can you call them to clean your windows in colder months?
- Will they clean the screens…dirty screens equal dirty windows.
- If they hire employees, do they do drug testing and background checks?
- Will you receive a call if they can’t meet their scheduled appointment?
- Are they licensed and insured?
- Do they stand behind their service, do they have a guarantee and what does it include? Is it a refund or a re-wash?
- Check out their website to see what their online presence is like, and what kinds of reviews or testimonials are posted there.
Asking questions up front will save you frustration and a poor situation later on.
I have been cleaning windows in the Seattle area for nearly 30 years, and quite frankly, I enjoy it! I will be happy to answer all of your questions, and I know the mistakes to avoid. I clean private homes or apartment complexes.