Why Window Cleaning Is More Important Think You Think?
Don’t underestimate the value in keeping your windows clean. Most people think it’s all about the sparkle, but in reality there are some very good reasons why window cleaning is more important than you might think.
Most people really like it when their windows are clean, but don’t like the process of cleaning them or having them cleaned. It could be that this unpopular task gets ignored because people don’t know how important it actually is, and why it shouldn’t be at the bottom of their priority list.
You Need to Keep Your Windows Clean, Here’s Why…
- In today’s world, everyone is concerned about being energy efficient, and your windows can make a difference. You may think that by having energy efficient windows you’ve done all you can do, but you may be surprised to know that even dirt particles on your windows can lower their heating efficiency. As dirt particles build up on the surface and in the pores of your windows, they begin to reflect some of the UV light away from your home, lowering the amount of sun that can enter and add warmth.
- The integrity of the glass may become weakened and more easily shattered, and the transparency can become clouded due to the effects of dirt remaining on your windows. Because glass is porous, (not everyone is aware of this), dirt and microorganisms can build up inside the pores, reducing the strength of your windows. Besides dirt, other things that can damage your windows and should be cleaned off are:
- acid rain
- an accumulation of minerals left behind from hard water
- oxidation that occurs from window screens and/or metal window frames
- accidental overspray from construction materials such as paint, mortar, chalk, drywall texture or other substances
- Smoke film can build up on the inside of your windows from candles, cigarettes, cooking, or the fireplace, which can leave lingering odors and affect breathing.
- Clean windows are just good feng shui! Our windows are the “eyes of the home”, they then become our vision of the world, and how clearly we see life.
- And finally, we all know how clean windows will affect the curb appeal and interior appearance of our home if we are trying to sell it.
I have been cleaning windows in the Seattle area for nearly 30 years, and quite frankly, I enjoy it! I will be happy to answer all of your questions, and I know the mistakes to avoid. I clean private homes or apartment complexes.